15 Cambridge Street
Burlington, MA 01803
It has been a while...
This is our first email in quite some time other than a quick note so we tried to get in a lot,
but first let us thank you for your continued support. These past couple of years have been a challenge for everyone and we sincerely appreciate all you working with us through it.
The team has been amazing and we are all looking forward to a wonderful rest of this year (fingers crossed).
The focus of this email is mainly our classes.
We are trying to get back to our weekly Classes/Drop-ins and have 3 set up so far with more to come.
We are also having the first of our specialty classes - appropriate for the season - Bunnies!
And of course we have our Sweater Club that so many of you have participated in.
Read on for more details on all of these.
We will be adding more classes shortly, especially our techniques classes which are always fun.
Watch also for our trips -
Bus to Rhinebeck for the NY Sheep and Wool Festival
Our Annual Retreat to Maine
Our Trip to Iceland
As always - any questions, please email - email@example.com
or call 781.570.2134
We are back to our Weekly In-Store Classes and hope you will join us.
The Current Schedule is
Monday Afternoons 1.00-3.00 pm
Tuesday Mornings 10.00 am -noon
Tuesday Evenings 7.00 - 9.00 pm
Sunday Afternoons - any 2 hour block from 1.00 - 4.00 pm
To participate in a class, it will be easier if you have a class card. You can go to the Shop Section and purchase one.
They are $75 and gets you 5 - 2 hour classes, on whatever day and time you may need them.
If you want to take an individual Class without purchasing a card, they will be $20 per session.
There is no set schedule for a Class Card.
You will also need to sign-up for a Class as the limit will be 8 people per Class.
You will not be charged until you take the class.
Help Session Appointment
We also offer one-on-one assistance, live and in-person
We ask that you call the shop (781.570.2134) or email us with a request to set up an appointment
with any one of us for Knitting, Crochet, Weaving, Spinning, etc.
The Cost per session is $25.
To be sure you get your Bunnies finished on time, we are doing things a bit different this time.
Please pick a day you will be starting your Bunny/ies to register.
The sessions will be open all day and you can stay for the day or split is up amongst the three sessions offered.
We just want to have an idea of how many will be starting on any particular Session.
Welcome to the Another Yarn Sweater Club where we work very hard to make sure your sweater is perfect.
How the Sweater Club works:
If you should need additional assistance, please come to one of our other classes or help sessions and we will do our best to keep you on track.
- Annual membership fee of $50
- You will be eligible to participate in any or all of the Sweater Club choices held during the year – typically two per year.
- You will receive a 20% discount on the yarn for the chosen sweater.
- You will receive a 10% discount on other yarns purchased throughout the year, excluding special orders.
- You will be able to purchase the pattern book(s) at 30-40% off should the pattern appear only within a book. Otherwise, you will receive copies of the patterns for free. You will also receive all notes we have developed for chosen sweater such as charts, etc.
- You will be able to attend all meetings and/or classes for the sweaters.
- The Class will meet twice per month. There will be three sessions from which to choose depending on your schedule. The times for the class sessions are:
- the second and fourth Thursday of the month at either 1.30-4.30 pm or 6-9 p
- Or the following Saturday afternoon from 2-4 pm.
- The first steps after choosing your sweater will be:
- Choosing your yarn.
- Doing a gauge swatch to be certain you are using the correct needles.
- Taking measurements to determine the proper size to make and any shaping considerations.
- Deciding about any alterations to the pattern.
We have just announced the Sweaters for the Spring Session so there is plenty of time to join. You can always choose one of the numerous sweaters we have done in the past as well.
We have chosen 3+ sweaters for this session - 2 Spring/Summer sweaters and 1+ Icelandic sweater given our upcoming trip to Iceland in October.
The first sweater is a Berroco Design in their new yarn - Meraki. The majority of us have decided to make this sweater a few inches longer, but love it.
The second design is from our Speaker from last fall's Retreat - Elizabeth Smith - made in Manos Serena.
The third design is the cover Sweater from the new anniversary edition of Lopi and is made in Alafoss. We have included the two colorways as shown in the book. Because we don't necessarily want everyone to arrive in Iceland in the same sweater, we have also opened the Icelandic Sweater choice to any of those in the Book #41.