|We are going to Norway!
And we are going with Arne & Carlos
We are heading to Norway this September to join Arne & Carlos on one of their famous
Cruises from Bergen to Osloand you are invited.
As we have done in the past, our Frequent Travelers have had
the first opportunity to book this trip, but there are still spots open.
But please don't hesitate as they will fill quickly.
The first thing you need to do is to fill out the Survey at the bottom of this email.
Once I have that with a "Yes, you will be joining us, I will send you a link to our Norwegian Travel Agent -
Allertravel - website where you will be able to register and pay your deposit. We are doing it this
way so that the trip will be covered by their insurance should the trip be cancelled due to Covid.
Allertravel will have a list of the people who have received this email and only you will be able to register.
Feel free to send along the details of the trip to others, but not the registration information.
This must come from us.
|Our trip will be from 13th to 24th September 2022.
When you click below, you will be taken to the trip itinerary put together by our
Norwegian Travel agent/guide - Allertravel.
We know you will have a lot of questions, so send them all to me so I if I don't have the answers, I can get them.
I will do my best here, but don't hesitate to email me with anything.
- Air Travel - the trip as arranged by Allertravel does not include our airfare. We are working with our local travel agent to provide us with the best group Airfare we can arrange. We have also requested that they be available to work with you on any individual travel needs you may have as some of you have already mentioned you may wish to travel on to another destination after our trip. This information will be available later this week, but currently airfares are quite reasonable for travel to Norway. Also, should you wish to make your own travel arrangements (you might have points) you are free to do this as well. We will let you know when and where you will need to be so as not to miss anything.
- Travel for those flying with the group will be leaving on the early evening of 13th September 2022 for an arrival in Oslo on the 14th September. For those in the group flight, we will have transportation available from the airport to our Hotel. We will have that day to acclimate to our new home, enjoy the city and have a meal before an early bedtime to rid ourselves of jetlag.
- On the 15th, we will enjoy a tour of all the major sites in Oslo
- On the 16th, we will board the train for a trip from Oslo to Bergen which will take about 7 hours through the gorgeous mountains and scenery. We will then be taken to our hotel in Bergen for a light dinner.
- On the 17th, we will spend the day touring Begen and its surrounds including the oldest yarn factory in Norway. Be sure to bring an empty suitcase....At the end of the tour we will board our exploration ship for a wonderful adventure with Arne & Carlos.
- From the 18th-23rd, our cruise will take us along the amazing coastline of Norway with several key stops along the way with the ability to disembark and enjoy the area. As you will read in our itinerary, there are excursions already included in the trip while on board, however, there will be a number of other ones available at your own cost. I have asked for a brief description of those. Also during the cruise, we will have a mystery knit-a-long and another special project just for us, but we will not be knitting all the time! We want everyone to enjoy this part of Norway as much as possible and fingers crossed, we may get to see the Northern Lights. We will end our cruise and take a 3 hour flight back to Oslo where we will spend the evening back at our Oslo Hotel.
- On the 24th we will fly back to Boston for those not heading off on their own. As mentioned above, we will have all the Air travel details later this week.
So what questions might you have?
- What is included - all of that is outlined at the end of the itinerary from Allertravel.
- Will we have free time - absolutely, and even our lectures and knitting will be on the exploration deck with its amazing views. And if you are bringing a non-knitter, you will have plenty of time to explore and just enjoy the cruise itself. (It isn't like our fall retreat!)
- Is there a cost break for non-knitters - unfortunately no. But the good news is that you will receive two mystery and project kits!
- Covid restrictions on travel - at the end of February, all restrictions within Norway are being lifted. As for travel, the current rules are that you must have proof of vaccination or proof of having had Covid. If neither then you must provide proof of a negative Covid test. Allertravel will keep us posted on any changes as they may occur, but let's hope we are out of this for a while anyway.
- If traveling on your own, will you be able to share a room - yes. You will find a questionnaire at the end of this email to fill out which will let us know you will be looking for a roommate.
- What do you bring - we will be providing a packing list which will incorporate clothing, needles and notions. My understanding is that we could easily encounter all four seasons along the way.