We official opened our doors this Thursday, 11th June 2020, and it was wonderful to see so many of you back in the shop. We appreciate all the thank-yous we received by email and in-person for the steps we are taking to make shopping in the store fun and safe at the same time.
Understanding that this is a learning process, we are making a few adjustments to our policies and procedures to make it a bit easier for you to visit us.
The entire team has been busy working to make all of this possible. We ask for your patience as we work through this process and thank you for all the compliments and well wishes so far. If you have any questions, please email or call. We are happy to help and thrilled to see you.
- Shopping -
- Our Shop hours will be Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm and Tuesday from 10 am to 9 pm. We will be Closed on Sundays for now.
- We will be allowing 6 people in the shop at a time, excluding our team.
- You may visit the shop whenever you wish without an appointment, however, customers may still make one if they choose and anyone with an appointment will be given first priority to the 6 shopping spots. While the appointment is for 45 minutes - that is an arbitrary time allotment. You can make an appointment to just run in quickly or stay as long as you need (we had to put something in the system!). Again, I ask you to bear with us as we continue to learn the best and safest ways to do this! It is definitely a learning process.
- We will continue to do curbside and vestibule pick-up so feel free to order on-line, call or email with your order.
- We are also shipping and have added an option for our New England shoppers to select First Class shipping for a lower rate.
- Safety Protocols - When you enter the shop, we will ask that you wear a mask and use the hand sanitizer provided at the first table before you beginning your shopping.
- The Yarn - As we mentioned in our previous email, we have set up the shop so you can touch and feel all the yarn we carry in all the colors. We only have one skein of each yarn in every color out, but there is a TON more in our storage area. The team is going to have the best legs in Massachusetts from running up and down pulling your orders, but we are happy to do it, so just ask.
- Help Sessions - We have already done a number of help sessions in the past two days, so please call to set up a time and we are happy to work with you.
- Classes -
- Weekly Classes - Remember our regular classes return this coming week of 15th June, on our normal Class schedule on Zoom. While we have been having our weekly classes throughout all this, we have not been charging. Going forward, we will be charging $12 per 2 hour class. If you need to purchase a class card or add to an existing one, you can do it on-line or call us. We have been working over the past weeks to create our "classroom" in the Shop as well as on Zoom with multiple cameras to provide the most detailed teaching and help. All the teachers will be teaching from the shop, so they can show you yarns, projects, etc. We know it is still not hands-on, but this will be part of our "new normal" for a little bit.
- Special Classes - As we have been developing our "classroom" techniques, we have also been working on our knitting and crochet technique and special project classes. This schedule will be out shortly.
You still have time to register for today's session at 1.00 pm.
You can register by using the information below and can register right up until the time of the meeting. We are doing it this way so we have an idea of how many people will be joining us.
If you were on one of the previous sessions and want to join, you can do so on-line (fixed the problem some had with that method) or by calling the shop.
Today's session is informational for those who want to know more about the Club, plus a
bonus project for everyone.
Register in advance for this meeting:
Click to Register
If you just want to know how it all works, here is the basic information.
How The Sweater Club Works:
1. Annual membership fee of $50
2. You will be eligible to participate in any or all of the Sweater Club choices held during the year – typically two per year.
3. You will receive a 20% discount on the yarn for the chosen sweater.
4. You will receive a 10% discount on other yarns purchased throughout the year, excluding special orders.
5. You will be able to purchase the pattern book(s) at 30-40% off should the pattern appear only within a book. Otherwise, you will receive copies of the patterns for free. You will also receive all notes we have developed for chosen sweater such as charts, etc.
6. You will be able to attend all meetings and/or classes for the sweaters.
7. The Class will meet monthly. There will be three sessions from which to choose depending on your schedule. The times for the class sessions are the second Thursday of the month at either 1-4 pm or 6-9 pm or the following Saturday afternoon from 1-4 pm.
The first steps after choosing your sweater will be:
Doing a gauge swatch to be certain you are using the correct needles.
Taking measurements to determine the proper size to make and any shaping considerations.
Deciding about any alterations to the pattern.
If you should need additional assistance, please come to one of our other classes or help sessions and we will do our best to keep you on track.