||15 Cambridge Street
Burlington, MA 01803
So we finally have the go-ahead to reopen our actual shop with certain guidelines and restrictions for which we have been planning. We are very lucky to have a shop with enough space to provide for social distancing and the safety protocols required by the state to protect our team and our customers. We have been working hard to get everything ready and with a few more steps we will be there. So when do we open??
We will official open our doors this Thursday, 11th June 2020,
but with some changes.
First, let's talk about what we have done to get ready.
- The Shop - We have been cleaning and sanitizing everything in the store. On Friday, we had our heating and air conditioning unit cleaned and new filters installed. On Monday, we are having all the carpets and floors cleaned and sanitized. Unfortunately, we have decided to remove most of our seating - further explanation when we get to classes and help sessions. We have also removed many of our Samples. Retail rules specify you cannot try on items. All of our samples will be available to you and the staff will be happy to assist you with these. As you can tell, we are working very hard to make it as safe as possible by limiting handling of as much as possible, but we know you need to touch and feel!
- Safety Protocols - When you enter the shop, we will ask that you wear a mask and use the hand sanitizer that will be provided. As you walk through the shop you will see that we have placed our masked sheep on the floor to help designate safe distancing while shopping. We have set up our counter with a shield and extra table to help with check-out.
- The Yarn - In trying to make it safe for you to browse and purchase your yarn we have decided to go "boutique style". What does that mean? When you come in to the shop, we might look a bit bare, but it is because we have left only one skein of each yarn in every color we carry on the walls and in the bins. This way you can touch and see everything we have, but your purchase will come from our storage area where our team (with gloves) will bag it just for you.
- Our Customers - As we open, we will be allowing only 4 customers in the shop at a time. To make this easier for you, we will be setting up 45 minute appointments which you can schedule on our website or by calling the shop. We will ask that you stay in your car until your appointment. This will leave us time to clean in between appointment times. We will continue to do curbside and vestibule pick-up. As we progress, we will be revising these based on how it seems to be working. We want to make it as safe and comfortable for everyone.
- Help Sessions - We know that many of you need our in-person help and we will be happy to set up appointments where we can work with you one-on-one. Please call the shop to set up a time.
- Classes -
- Weekly Classes - Beginning the week of 15th June, we will be going back to our normal Class schedule, but still holding them through Zoom. While we have been having our weekly classes throughout all this, we have not been charging. Going forward, we will be charging $12 per 2 hour class. If you need to purchase a class card or add to an existing one, you can do it on-line or call us. We have been working over the past weeks to create our "classroom" in the Shop as well as on Zoom with multiple cameras to provide the most detailed teaching and help. All the teachers will be teaching from the shop, so they can show you yarns, projects, etc. We know it is still not hands-on, but this will be part of our "new normal" for a little bit.
- Special Classes - As we have been developing our "classroom" techniques, we have also been working on our knitting and crochet technique and special project classes. This schedule will be out shortly.
The entire team has been busy working to make all of this possible. We ask for your patience as we work through this process. If you have any questions, please email or call. We are happy to help.
Our next scheduled Sweater Club is
Thursday, 11th June from 1-4 pm and 6-9 pm
Saturday, 13th June from 1-4 pm
This Meeting will be an Open Session for anyone interested in Sweater Club.
I will be going over how the Club will be working in our new setting, as well as providing a bonus sweater for this summer as so many of you have already completed the last one!
Zoom details will be out just prior to the meetings.
|And Finally our Mask Project and next steps to help
When my niece Sarah called Marcie and me to ask for help in making masks for her team at Tufts Community Health Center, we had no idea that it would grow to this. So many of you have created these amazing gifts which have provided safety and security for literally thousands of people throughout our communities and beyond. There is no adequate way to thank you all, or those who donated in support of the effort. Many of you have dropped off masks without telling me who you are. Please sent me an email with your name so we can thank you and we have a little gift for all.
Until the need ends, we are still taking masks and ear savers for donation.
We still have supplies - fabric, elastic, loops, and buttons in the event you need them to continuing donating to our project. Just let us know.
We will also be selling mask kits for those of you who may not have been comfortable making them on a large scale for donation. These will include the fabric, elastic, and pattern and a portion the proceeds will go toward all our donation projects. These will be on our website shortly.
Stay Healthy and Stay Safe.
Thank you to my family, those that came through birth, the "amazing gang" of talented people without whom this shop would not exist and all our customers who have supported us before, during and now after this difficult time. Teresa