|The following is a quick reminder of what you need to know for the Trip.
Guest Teacher - Lori Versaci
Yarns - Woolfolk and Shibui
What to bring -
Needles - US 3, 5, 6, and 7 - 16" and 24", plus DPN or Magic Loop
US 8 - 32"
Notions - the usual
And if you have them - a ball winder and swift
(Unlike last year, all the yarns come in a hank!)
- Departure Location - We will be departing from the Anderson Regional Transportation Center in Woburn. It is situated at 100 Atlantic Avenue (the street may vary depending on search engine, but it is the only thing at the end of Atlantic Avenue. You can reach it via Rte 93, Commerce Avenue Exit # 37C. As you come off the exit and arrive at the lights, you will go straight across the intersection and into the Transportation Center. I am sure you all have GPS in the event you are coming in from another direction.
- Parking Facilities - When entering the Center, you will turn left into the Long Term Parking Lot. It is $7.00 per day to park there. Do not park in the short term lot - you will be towed.
- Departure Time - I ask that everyone be in the Regional Transportation Center for 9.00 am. departure. Please do not attempt to board the bus without receiving your registration materials. The driver will not take your luggage or let you on the bus without it. Also, please leave the front row empty for the those working on the bus.
- Registration packet - You will be receiving a name badge, luggage tags and further information about the retreat. We ask that you wear your name badge throughout the weekend during sessions and retreat meals (breakfast, lunch and tea). Please put your luggage tags on the bag(s) that will go under the bus. These are the bags that will go directly to your room from the bus. Be sure to keep your knitting with you!
- Check-in - Please do not go to the desk to check in (especially those of your arriving on your own). The keys and registrations are kept together for us and we will be given all room keys once the rooms are available and your luggage has arrived. We will distribute the keys to you at that time - usually around 3.00 pm, just before afternoon tea. We have been asked by the Inn that we do it this way and having done it all these years, it works best. We do ask that at some point during the weekend, you provide the front desk with a credit card for any incidentals. We have taken care of all tips, including bellmen, housekeeping and servers at our meals. At breakfast, you will be asked to sign a check with your room number which is purely for a correct count of people.
- For those of you arriving on your own, please go to the lower level of the hotel where you will find the Sasanoa Room for your luggage and the Merrymeeting rooms where we will start our weekend. You are welcome to make yourselves comfortable there. Please do not go up to the Ballroom as this will not be accessible until after lunch. Sarah Andrade will be at the Inn and have all of your Registration packets so be sure to see her upon your arrival. Parking is available in the back of the Inn and the entrance door from there will lead directly to the two rooms we will have.
- Materials for your workshops - We never tell you in advance what the projects will be for the Retreat, however, you need to know what to bring. All you will need are your needles and should you not have these sizes, we will have plenty with us for sale so no need to run out for them.
- In addition to an amazing Trunk Show and Yarn Tasting, we will also have most of the Shibui and Woolfolk yarns / patterns, as well as Lori's books/patterns with us for purchase or order. Everything you purchase/order during the retreat is 20% off.
- Homework - As mentioned, there will be lots of winding on Friday night. While some of you may wish to wind your yarn in your rooms, please consider those who may not have winders and, if possible, share. While we don't have you do any pre-work before the retreat, there will be some hotel work for two of the classes. Nothing strenuous - promise. You will receive all the necessary directions when we arrive.
- Meals - Breakfast Saturday and Sunday, Lunch Friday and Saturday and Dinner Friday are all included. We have even taken care of all gratuities so no tipping necessary. You are on our own for Dinner Saturday evening and Lunch on Sunday afternoon. We have done this as most like to get out and enjoy the shopping as well as other restaurants in the center of town - all within walking distance. Should you want to stay close, the BroadArrow Tavern is available at the Hotel.
- Departure time - We plan to leave the Inn on Sunday at no later than 5 pm, which will get us into Woburn by 7.00 pm.
- Dietary Restrictions - If anyone has a particular dietary restriction, please let me know. All meals at the in will have details regarding ingredients, particularly for Gluten Free, but it helps for me to tell them how many people may be impacted. Please drop me a quick email to let me know so I may speak to the Inn and make sure all is ready. Please DO NOT call the Inn directly. It is very difficult for the front desk to take in all this information and we work directly with the Chef to accommodate all your needs. It seems no matter how many times we ask, someone or two always call. Again, we ask that you do not.
|We have tried to think of everything, but if you have any questions, email at email@example.com or call 781.570.2134. If there are questions specific to the Inn, again, please do not call them directly. let me know and we will sort it out. Thank you.
If you have made arrangements for someone else, please be sure they have this information as there are a couple of people for whom I do not have email addresses.
Safe travels to all. See you soon. Teresa