|We will be leaving in just a few weeks for our Annual Fall Retreat
at the Harraseeket Inn, Freeport, ME
and we can't wait!
We need to conduct a little business first.
The balance of your Retreat Payment will be due by Friday, 19th October.
Also, please call (781.570.2134) or email (email@example.com) the shop to confirm
1. That you are taking the bus or driving on your own, and
2. Your room status - Single or Double
- Departure Location - We will be departing from the Anderson Regional Transportation Center in Woburn. It is situated at 100 Atlantic Avenue (the street may vary depending on search engine, but it is the only thing at the end of Atlantic Avenue. You can reach it via Rte 93, Commerce Avenue Exit # 37C. As you come off the exit and arrive at the lights, you will go straight across the intersection and into the Transportation Center. I am sure you all have GPS in the event you are coming in from another direction.
- Parking Facilities - When entering the Center, you will turn left into the Long Term Parking Lot. It is $7.00 per day to park there. Do not park in the short term lot - you will be towed.
- Departure Time - I ask that everyone be in the Regional Transportation Center for 9.00 am. departure. Please do not attempt to board the bus without receiving your registration materials. The driver will not take your luggage or let you on the bus without it. Also, please leave the front row empty for the those working on the bus.
- Registration packet - You will be receiving a name badge, luggage tags and further information about the retreat. We ask that you wear your name badge throughout the weekend during sessions and retreat meals (breakfast, lunch and tea). Please put your luggage tags on the bag(s) that will go under the bus. These are the bags that will go directly to your room from the bus. Be sure to keep your knitting with you!
- Materials for your workshops - We never tell you in advance what the projects will be for the Retreat, however, you need to know what to bring. All you will need are your needles and should you not have these sizes, we will have plenty with us for sale so no need to run out for them. We will provide you with all the needle sizes as we get a bit closer to the event.
- In addition to an amazing Trunk Show and Yarn Tasting, we will also have most of the Shibui and Woolfolk yarns / patterns, as well as Lori's books/patterns with us for purchase or order. Everything you purchase/order during the retreat is 20% off.
- Homework - No homework before, but lots of winding on Friday night.
- Meals - Breakfast Saturday and Sunday, Lunch Friday and Saturday and Dinner Friday are all included. We have even taken care of all gratuities so no tipping necessary. You are on our own for Dinner Saturday evening and Lunch on Sunday afternoon. We have done this as most like to get out and enjoy the shopping as well as other restaurants in the center of town - all within walking distance. Should you want to stay close, the BroadArrow Tavern is available at the Hotel.
- Check-in - Please do not go to the desk to check in (especially those of your arriving on your own). The keys and registrations are kept together for us and we will be given all room keys once the rooms are available and your luggage has arrived. We will distribute the keys to you at that time - usually around 3.00 pm, just before afternoon tea. We have been asked by the Inn that we do it this way and having done it all these years, it works best. We do ask that at some point during the weekend, you provide the front desk with a credit card for any incidentals.
- Departure time - We plan to leave the Inn on Sunday at no later than 5 pm, which will get us into Woburn by 7.00 pm.
- Dietary Restrictions - If anyone has a particular dietary restriction, please let me know. All meals at the in will have details regarding ingredients, particularly for Gluten Free, but it helps for me to tell them how many people may be impacted. Please drop me a quick email to let me know so I may speak to the Inn and make sure all is ready. Please DO NOT call the Inn directly. It is very difficult for the front desk to take in all this information and we work directly with the Chef to accommodate all your needs.