Yarn Crawl, Trunk Shows, Pop-up Shops, Sales
All in One Fabulous Weekend!!!
Join us, along with 7 other great Yarn Shops, for the
Annual Knit North Yarn Crawl
starting tomorrow, 14th March through Sunday, 17th March.
Our hours for the Crawl will be
Thursday, 14th March 10 am to 9 pm
Friday, 15th March 10 am to 6 pm
Saturday, 16th March 10 am to 6 pm
Sunday, 17th March 10 am to 6 pm
If any of you have been in the shop earlier this week you will have seen boxes and boxes of yarn, sweaters, accessories and patterns strewn all over the place. We have been working like crazy to get it all sorted so we can have everything ready for you. Some of the highlights for the weekend include:
| Trunk Shows and Sales
- Rowan Spring / Summer 2019 Trunk show with samples from all the most recent pattern collections. To celebrate our status as a Rowan Flagship Shop, we will be having 20% off all Rowan throughout the Crawl.
- Fibre Co. Spring / Summer 2019 and Lore Borrowdale Trunk Shows are throughout and we will have 20% off all Fibre Co. on Friday, 15th March.
- Shibui Trunk Show and New Spring Yarn Vine will be here throughout and we will be doing a 20% off all Shibui for Saturday and Sunday, 16-17th March.
- Berroco Trunk Show featuring designs for their new Spring / Summer Yarns will also be here and we will have 20% off Berroco for Saturday, 16th March.
- Spring Knitting is here and so we will be having a 20% off all Wool and Wool blends all day Sunday, 17th March - and it doesn't have to be GREEN!
- As always, we will have our Sale Bins stuffed, including a blow-out of all our Manos yarns. You never know what you will find in either our singles bins or our 30% off Sale bins. Marcie and Dee have had me on a Spring Cleaning binge and there are lots and lots of yarns in the bins.
- Fallen Tree Wood Craft has supplied us with so many gorgeous wooden bowls, apple yarn bowls, acorn boxes and lots of other surprises. Mike creates the most beautiful things from fallen trees saving them from the chipper and providing us with our own bit of nature. We love all the fabulous things Mike makes!
- Monkey Business Farms has delivered the cure for those winter hands so that your yarn just glides through your fingers. Judi, one of our knitters, and her son make the most amazing skin creams and we have stocked up. Our first order from them flew out of the shop. In addition to having the smoothest skin around, you will be helping to support and train capuchin monkeys to provide daily, live-in assistance to people with spinal cord or other mobility impairments. All of the profits go to Helping Hands Monkey Helpers (www.monkeyhelpers.com)
- Dirty Water DyeWorks just delivered a giant order to us just for the Yarn Crawl and we have all been fighting over the colors. We have both Lillian and Lucia, plus Sprinkles in all our favorite colors.
- Woolen Thimble has plenty of her bags and DPN holders on hand so don't miss out on these. Tanie's bags are the best with lots of pockets and the perfect size for even a sweater project!
- Spinning Classes are starting at the shop with our Intro to Spinning being offered on Saturday, 23rd March at 1.00 pm taught by Robin. On Thursday afternoon, 14th March, Judy, the "leader" of our Spinning group will be here spinning. You never know who else may show up to spin too.
I know I am forgetting something, but did I mention raffles and prizes? Those too will be happening throughout the weekend!. We cannot wait to see you all.
And if the Yarn Crawl wasn't enough, we will be having our
Monthly Sweater Club meetings on
Thursday, 14th March 1-4 pm or 6-9 pm
Saturday, 15th March 1-4 pm
And yes, the new Sweaters will be announced!
And no, I am not telling you before tomorrow!